Tuesday 6 August 2013

the one thing you can do right now to transform your dating experience





Photo credit: london's original online dating photographer, saturday night's alright

How to effect positive change in your dating world in one sweet ninja move

So, are you dying to know what that one thing is?  Well apart from hire me, that is, to take some awesome, stunning, stand-out, fantastic dating photos for your profile of course.  If you haven't done that already, then you might want to read this blog post and then consider booking a dating shoot with me.  But enough of that and back to today's story.

The business of dating
When I started online dating, I was all about the notion of romance.  I always felt like there were signs that I needed to spot which spelt out whether someone was the one or not.  I don't know if you ever feel like that?  It became exhausting,  reading too much into things, always looking for meanings in my dating interactions that just weren't there.  In fact, I'd been brainwashed by society's notion of 'fairytale romance'.  I slowly realised that taking a romantic approach relied on chance and a complete immersion in instant attraction which wasn't based on anything real.

Then one day, I realised that this method was getting me nowhere fast and I decided to adopt a more business-like approach in my online dealings.  I decided to treat dating like I would finding a job. Romantic?  No.  Effective?  Absolutely.  I spent a bit of time thinking about:

* who my target audience were - where they hung out, what their interests were
* who the competition was - what I was up against - how other girls promoted themselves online
* what my USP was - what made me stand out from the crowd - what made me shine

Then I used that information to change up my profile, register with some new dating sites and most importantly leave the fairytale drama at the door.  By doing this, I was able to make sound decisions and weigh things up before diving straight into the next crazy-assed relationship.  And it worked.   

My advice?  Leave the romance for when you find an awesome person worth dating.

And don't forget, as I said earlier, the other thing you can do to totally positive-proof your dating experiences is to book me for an awesome, fun shoot.  If you're still undecided, check out my portfolio here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...