Friday 16 August 2013

the 30 day love detox - dating book of the decade







photo credit: london's original online dating photographer, saturday night's alright

The slow love movement 
I got invited to a really cool launch party the other day by the guys who run Online Dating University and Singles Warehouse.  They had invited Dr Wendy Walsh to speak, a dating guru (among other things), who is massive in the States.  She's a regular on CNN, Fox News and all the other hard hitters.  I was delighted to be invited and was looking forward to networking with all the movers and shakers in the UK dating world but I'll admit I didn't really have any expectations about Wendy.

Is there a doctor in the house?
But let me tell you, I was blown away by her.  I think I'm a little bit in love with her.  I'm certainly crushing on her like a teenager.   As well as being a drop-dead stunner, she is so smart it hurts and she has invested a lot of time looking at the problems faced by women (in particular) in a time of, as she calls it, 'high supply sexual economy'.  The Dr is talking sense and brings together anthropological (yes, that is what I said) truths, good-old scientific research and practical techniques in a new book called 'the 30-day love detox'.  Yup, I'm aware it has a tacky title (it was her publisher's idea apparently) but I've now had a chance to read most of it, hence the delay in blogging it, and it is a must read.  If you're broke, borrow my copy.

The key thing Wendy (having met her and photographed her I feel I can call her that, lol) is promoting in the book is a 'slow love movement'.  In her own words, the slow love movement, similar to the slow food movement, is all about "eliminating 'junk food' sex and undefined relationships with blurry boundaries".  If you're struggling to find meaningful relationships, then you've got to read it.  Wendy is genius (and even more pretty in real life).

Connect with me here at saskia@saturdaynightsalright.com if you want to borrow my copy.  (It may come at a price!  Ahh, not really).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...