Wednesday 26 June 2013

4 reasons why I love shooting with my iPhone















   photo credit: london's online dating photographer, saturday night's alright

I'm just back from Spain and, being a photographer, couldn't wait to share a few of my holiday snaps even though I left my camera and equipment at home for once.  But it was OK, I had my iPhone with me.  So why do I love my iPhone so much?  

1. It's the camera I always have with me
The camera that you always have with you is the most important camera that you own.  It doesn't matter how rough and ready it is, the most important thing is that you can whip it out at any time.  

2. It frees me up to experiment 
Sometimes the simplicity of just pointing and shooting is freeing and just what I need.  Rather than thinking about depth of field, ISO or white balance, shooting with my iPhone allows me to focus on other things like colour, mood and the world around me. 

3. It allows me to kill boredom doing something creative and constructive
The photo of the electricity pylon (which I love) was taken while the boyfriend was in a DIY shop (yes in Spain, I know).   There is nothing better than being able to amuse yourself creatively while hanging out waiting in queues or outside shops.  Well for me anyway.  It pushes me to think about how to capture the beauty in the everyday. 

4. It's a great leveller
Anyone with a mobile can take interesting shots, you don't need big cameras, expensive equipment, giant lenses etc.  

Watch out soon for a blog post on how to take cool photos on your mobile phones.   For inspiration you might want to check out Ben Lowry's work.  He is best known for using his iPhone for shooting images of conflict in Afghanistan and Libya.  I love his stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...